Fufilling Minimun Orders

marrilyn
Hi,

I am new here and so far have shortlisted a couple of dropshippers that I would want to work with. Though there are a few questions that I need help with:

- Fulfilling minimum orders.
Notice that almost all wholesalers have a minimum order quantity, for example minimum order quantity of 10 pieces of any design, or $100. For this question, we will take minimum order quantity of 10 pieces as the example to use.

Though the thing is if I am going to sell the items on Ebay and on my own online shop, I will need the items to be posted out asap. Am trying to figure out how this will work.

The minimum order does it apply to each time I place an order to the wholesaler, or is it per month, or per week basis?
Can I specify 10 different addresses to post the the 10 items to?
If the minimum order is by per order basis, and I only manage to get 10 orders from Ebay and my website in a week, doesn't it mean that my clients will receive their orders much later? How do I overcome this then? What is the right way to do this?

I would like to start this as an additional income and do not want to carry any stock. Currently already have an existing ebay store, though would like to a new shop specialized in another category and using dropshipping.

Appreciate any information that you can provide to gain clarity in this matter.

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi Marrilyn and welcome to the forum,

What you are doing is confusing wholesale suppliers with dropshippers, two different things. A dropshipper will sell and individual item, no bulk order required and of course they ship direct to your customer. A wholesalers will sell in bulk, and in turn send that single order only to a designated address. So if you wanted to buy in bulk from a wholesaler, then you would have to have the order shipped to you and then ship to your customer individually yourself.

Cheers

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
marrilyn
Thanks for the quick reply Marc. So in this case, how do I search for dropshippers who are selling fashion and clothing items then in the system?

Site Admin
fudjj
instructions for you below Marrilyn,

Cheers

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.