How to figure out shipping costs?

cmedeiros
I'm new to Dropshipping, so please forgive my newbie question. I am still in the process of building my online store of home products in the niche markets of water filtration, whole house fans, security, and home automation.

I have concentrated on a handful of Salehoo's recommended Dropshippers based upon the specific products I'm marketing. It seems competing solely on price will be very tough in the drop shipping environment. So, I'm hoping with a little more sales effort, I'll be able to overcome charging a slightly higher price than those found on eBay or Amazon.

So, after that intro, here's my question:

In my case, a customer will go to my site and order a product. During the "Checkout" process, they will be redirected to PayPal to make their payment. I guess at that point I will receive notice from Paypal that the transaction was made. I, in turn, will go to the dropshipper and order the product.

Problem is, how can I charge my customer a shipping fee, if I don't know the cost until after I order the product from the Dropshipper?

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi Chris and welcome to the forum,

Your suppliers will have set shipping costs, domestic and international (if they ship internationally of course) All you have to do is request their shipping rates up front and you'll know exactly what your shipping charges are going to be.

Remember to confirm shipping destinations with your supplier as well, you want to make sure you don't get orders from a location that your supplier doesn't ship to.

Cheers

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
cmedeiros
Thanks for your reply Marc and the welcome also! It's great having this type of support.

I'll contact each supplier for their respective products on my site and see if I can get their shipping rates.

Thanks for your help! --Chris

Site Admin
fudjj
Welcome Chris, just yell out whenever you need :)

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.