Which state to register the company in the USA

Full Member
  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: 28 Nov 18
  • Karma:
11 Dec 19 12:52:34 am
Hi there!

I'd like to register a company and apply for a Resale Certificate in the USA. Does anyone know what would be most suited to my use case?

Which state to register the company in? What type of company?

I live in Australia and am not a citizen or resident of the USA. I currently use a forwarding address in California to ship products to my customers overseas. My supplier ships products to the forwarding address, the forwarding address prints labels, consolidate orders and then ships them overseas to my customers. (Out of USA)

I was going to register a company with myusacorporation.com. A specialist on the site recommended forming an LLC or C Corporation in Delaware or Wyoming.

Does anyone have any suggestions?



Site Admin
  • Posts: 345
  • Joined: 23 Mar 15
  • Karma:
19 Dec 19 03:52:33 am
Hi Elva,

Ideally since you're based in Australia, there's no obligation for you to collect sales tax from your US customers thus, no need for you to apply a resale certificate in the US.

In Australia though, a resale certificate is equivalent to an ABN which you can apply Link hidden: Login to view. You can present the same should suppliers ask for a sales tax ID (resale certificate).

Since you don't have a physical presence in the US (like an office you're renting for example), then you don't need to apply for a US Resale Certificate. You're ABN is fine to start selling in the US.


SaleHoo helps over 137,216 online business owners
find reliable low cost suppliers

Find out how