Does anyone know anything about starting a non-profit org?

raiderjake
i've been thinking about starting a non-profit organization for sometime now, i wanted to get my online business up & running & profitable 1st but now im thinking i should sell online to fund the non-profit organization. i don't really know anything about non-profits, wondering if anybody here knows much about them.

can i accept tax deductible donations of merchandise from liquidators & wholesalers? would this be something that they would be inclined to do?

i know i can take a modest salary for running it. once things were going good i think i would take in about $2500 a month. if i brought in $10,000 in sales a month that would be 25% of the revenue, is that high? would the suppliers want that kind of info before donating?

thoughts and ideas would be great, thanks!

grace-salehoo
Hi raiderjake,

My partner started a non-profit here in Australia and it wasn't too difficult, but he found talking to an accountant pretty essential!

I'm not sure what would be involved in the US - I have heard the requirements are tougher there. The information on this site might help:

Link hidden: Login to view

All the best.

Grace

raiderjake
thanx

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.