Is it safe to use Alipay to pay suppliers in China?

21 Apr 16 10:29:14 am
Hi All,

This is my first time purchasing products from China using Alibaba.

What is the best and cheapest way of paying a supplier ?

I have heard that Chinese suppliers dont really like using PayPal because it is expensive.

This supplier has suggested I pay via Alipay, anyone has experience with this ?

Last edited by fudjj on 21 Apr 16 08:32:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Site Admin
21 Apr 16 08:30:34 pm
Hi Afzal and welcome to the forum :)

Alipay is a division of Alibaba itself and an extremely popular payment gateway used in China. Now I have no personal experience using the service, but I know it dominates that market space within China, just as PayPal dominates that space in most western countries.

Is it safe?
From everything I know about Alipay, it is certainly considered to be a very safe payment method. Very large US retail brands like Macy's and Bloomingdale's offer the payment service for customers shopping from China. So despite not being so well known outside of China, it's the big name in town within China.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager

Link hidden: Login to view

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at