Legit suppliers - how do you tell?

birdman
Does anyone have any tips on how to tell if a potential supplier is legit. I.E. any documention or licensing that should be available?

gohogsar
Does anyone have any tips on how to tell if a potential supplier is legit. I.E. any documention or licensing that should be available?
If they're US based, I always do this:

Check the WHOIS information on their website. If the information there doesn't match what's on their website, that's a red flag.

Check ripoffreport.com - see if others have been scammed by them.

Search the BBB for the company if possible.

Always speak with them on the phone before you order. A scammer has time to craft their responses in email but can be tripped up on the phone.

Maybe I'm too cautious, but that's what I do. I'm not buying much right now (nothing in the last month) because I'm not finding anyone I feel comfortable with.

birdman
thank u goHogs you've been very helpful

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.