Owning a retail store and competing in electronics industry

thecellsite
Hello. I am brand new to this wholesale stuff. I just opened up a retail store that is located right across from a big box retailer
$%#-Mart and sell cell phone accessories.

Question is, could I potentially make some good money by selling directly against their ipods and other mp3 players?

I have found some good sources for both these products. I want to carry OEM Ipods and also the knock off MP4 Players and sell them for just a few bucks shy of the big box retailer. Any suggestions/comments??

Much Appreciated.

cooly
Hmmm, I'd say you may have a chance if you advertise the prices with big bright posters on the store window. Neat presentation may also help.

thecellsite
I am located in a plaza across their front doors. It just was made into a super store w/groceries and stuff. Also, I rent a sign that I put up by the road. I could advertise wholesale prices on MP3 and MP4 players.

I'm only looking to mark them about 25% maybe even less. I still have my cell phone accessories too.

I checked all the major retailers and even with their lowest priced model, my prices with a 25% markup would be priced within a few dollars of theirs.

jblaska
any ideas? does anyone here do that now? i know that small electronic stores still exist out there. Im not looking to make a killing on this stuff just complement my other items.

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.