Switching Domain Names for your website

Free Member
I need to switch my domain name with another one I just purchased, how do i go about doing this?

Site Admin
irene_salehoo
Hi 7484,

If you haven't done anything yet at your store (haven't spent time adding numerous products etc.), then "deleting" your store with the old/wrong domain and creating a new store (to set the newly purchased/or correct domain) will be the easiest solution.

Deleting the store and creating it again will only take 15 minutes and you can easily do it at your end.

To delete your store, please log in to your SaleHoo Account and access the SaleHoo Stores product.

The Delete tab is on the left part of the page, right above the FAQ tab.

Clicking on this Delete tab will erase the current store in your account.

Once deleted (takes 15 minutes), when you get back to the same page/refresh, you will see the part where it asks you to create your store (which before doing so you will be asked to fill in your domain name.) At that stage you put in the new domain name which you intend to use.

Again, this step is advised if you haven't listed numerous products in your store yet. Otherwise you will need to back up your file first.

If you are still having any difficulty, give me permission and I'll delete it for you, then set the new store with the new domain name.

:)

Irene
bargin
I need to switch my domain name with another one I just purchased, how do i go about doing this?

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hello vlady,

Simply follow the steps outlined by Irene in her post -

If you haven't done anything yet at your store (haven't spent time adding numerous products etc.), then "deleting" your store with the old/wrong domain and creating a new store (to set the newly purchased/or correct domain) will be the easiest solution.

Deleting the store and creating it again will only take 15 minutes and you can easily do it at your end.

To delete your store, please log in to your SaleHoo Account and access the SaleHoo Stores product.

The Delete tab is on the left part of the page, right above the FAQ tab.

Clicking on this Delete tab will erase the current store in your account.

Once deleted (takes 15 minutes), when you get back to the same page/refresh, you will see the part where it asks you to create your store (which before doing so you will be asked to fill in your domain name.) At that stage you put in the new domain name which you intend to use.

Again, this step is advised if you haven't listed numerous products in your store yet. Otherwise you will need to back up your file first.

Please let u s know how you get on and if you need help wit h anything else.

All the best!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.