Importing branded T-Shirts from China

8 Apr 08 09:05:50 pm
I'm Vanderlei from Brazil and I'm just trying to starting out a business with branded T-Shirts from China, but I'm really concerned about many things.
One of the things I need to be sure is: When the goods arrive in the brazilian custom, do I have to pay any taxes in order to the product be allowed to come in? I'm contact with many suppliers from China, and they keep telling me that they will send the products straight to my door by EMS, they assure that I won't have any problem with the custom.
Is that true?
I'd be very pleased if someone could give me some tips of how to import these products to Brazil without having any kind of problem with the brazilian custom.
Thank you a lot for your time and attention,
Vanderlei de Freitas Link hidden: Login to view

8 Apr 08 10:20:24 pm
Well most of the time from my experience in buying from china,,,they tend to use EMS. They also tend to ship in small packages completely covered in tape...Most customs agents who are already overworked just are not willing to cut that packaging off knowing that they have to re-package the item and will just toss it into the cleared bin...I've never had a package from china held up by custom. As far as EMS they have some of the fastest shipping I have ever used (delivery from china in 3 days) on most of my orders..I can't get stuff delivered within the U.S. that fast....

Also some companies in china will go as far to list the good as gifts or samples. They have all sorts of tricks to slip through customs...

I guess it's really just like anything else,,you just have to try it and see how it goes...

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at