Information on taxes in the Uk

pauldee138
Hi i am setting up a website selling products from a dropshipper and was wondering how VAT in the United Kingdom Works. Say the product i sell is listed for

grace-salehoo
Hi pauldee138,

You might find this link useful as it gives a thorough explanation on how VAT works, what goods it applies to, and when you need to register and start charging VAT.

Link hidden: Login to view

Hope it helps!

Grace

dilaccio
Hi,
I would like to start buying goods and selling on EBay. Do I need to get an Importing license to be abe to do that? What should be my first steps?
Many thanks in advance for helping.

grace-salehoo
Hi dilaccio,

You might find our blog on importing to the UK helpful:
Link hidden: Login to view

Whether or not you need an importing license depends on what you are importing. Usually they are only required for items with restrictions.

The best idea would be to ring The National Advice Service on 0845 010 9000. They'll be able to help you with any questions you have on importing to the UK. The more specific your description of the goods you wish to import, the better they'll be able to help.

It's also advisable to contact a broker to help you out with the paperwork when you first import as it can be complicated.

Good luck :)

Grace

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.