Need advice on getting a tax ID

meskinl
Hi, It's been a long time that I'm on Salehoo, never thought about starting my own store but now. So my question is: some US wholesale sites ask me for a US tax ID, I'm a Canadian resident and I want to know how can I get an tax ID or it is obligatory?

Thank you.

Free Member
gasboy
You will need a BN or business number that can be obtained through Canada Revenue and Customs. It shouldn't be hard to get and the info will be on their website.

Cheers
John

meskinl
thank you for the answer!

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hi meskinl,

Welcome to SaleHoo :)

I though you might find this guide handy, it's loaded with a number of helpful tips and links on how you can register your business in Canada.

Link hidden: Login to view

If you need help with anything else, please feel free to contact us.

Cheers!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
Free Member
watsonovedades
Hello Richelle

i have the same question but i live in Mexico what can i do about the Tax ID?

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hi watsonovedades,

Here are a couple of articles and guides which may help you get your Tax ID in Mexico, please have a read:

Hope this helps. :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.