Wholesale & eBay Forum Importing & Customs Question on getting a business license

Question on getting a business license

chanman
Maybe someone already ask this;but I can't find it,lol. If I start out part time instead of FT do I still need to apply for a business license and/or EIN number? For example buy one or two items a week and sell/auction it on Ebay. Eventually once I have enough cash flow going I would like to open a store then I'm pretty sure I'll need all the stuff to run it full time. And one last thing does the IRS put a limit on stuff a person sells before you need to get a license/EIN? Thanks! :? :? :? :cry:

haus1028
You don't have to get your EIN but it helps.

WEB STORE: Link hidden: Login to view
EBAY STORE: Link hidden: Login to view

jimmy_huber
Free Member
its not required but it is a good thing to have if you are interested in finding good deals. As most really good deals require a resellers permit or equivelent. If your only trying to sell a couple of items per week then you probably dont need to get into that as most good deals come in bulk purchases

Link hidden: Login to view by SaleHoo

chanman
Thanks!! Once I make my first $$$$$$$ I'll be the first to thank you all for helping a dumping like me get started :D

SaleHoo helps over 137,216 online business owners
find reliable low cost suppliers

Find out how