Questions about importing from China

harlostyles
I'm new to the importing business, for the experienced sellers can you explain what will be some charges to look out for? Also, If I import from China through DHL door to door, is that the safest way as to avoid items being seized through customs?

madalena
Hi,

I import on a regular basis from Asia. The best shipping company to use in Asia is EMS, they also dropship and for some reason they tend to bypass customs altogether including those nasty duties you usually pay for. Not that I would ever do that!!!

henryspooner
Thats some good information next time i will go through them :lol:

Free Member
filho_domicio
Hi,

I import on a regular basis from Asia. The best shipping company to use in Asia is EMS, they also dropship and for some reason they tend to bypass customs altogether including those nasty duties you usually pay for. Not that I would ever do that!!!

Can you clarify what you mean by saying that EMS dropships? I'm a bit confused, typo maybe?

toffee
In Europe, the main advantage of dropshipping is that packs sent through EMS are seldom subject to custom duties and VAT, while sendings through DHL, FEDEX or UPS are always subject to taxation.

With regard EMS, this may help. It's basically a term for 'Express Mail Service'

Link hidden: Login to view

Cheers.

toffee

simon
the safest way to make a purchase is ... to contact salehoo before every purchases... Smart?

Site Admin
salehoo_group
This gives you a run down on Link hidden: Login to view

Have you got your own online store yet? Link hidden: Login to view
Free Member
mslilly
the safest way to make a purchase is ... to contact salehoo before every purchases... Smart?

I would just post and ask if anyone has experienced a purchase at a site you are interested in buying from. 8)

Salehoo has them listed, but it's a good thing to ask about it here first.

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.