Do I have to get a business license to sell on eBay?

jahboo
Hi, it's me again. Do I have to get a business license to sell things on eBay? At what point do I have to secure one? Sorry if this is a dummy question.

ciao,
mei

tab10us
no a business license isn't required to sell things on ebay. i'm not sure but you might have to have one if you have a huge company on there.

jahboo
thanx a lot!

mei

jennifer77
that is a pretty good question tho for others that dont know. I do not have the answer either but have never gotten one myself and have sold tons and tons of stuff on ebay.

Plus i only claim taxes on one of my online stores. I claim taxes on my eaby earnings.

dowdy
i dont claim tax on anything. I checked it up and it's all legal. I don't have to pay GST (aust tax) if i gross under $50,000. Check what the max limit is on a US website

direct-consumer
I've heard there is a certain monthly income you can stay under to avoid having to pay taxes on your profits. Can't verify this though. I'm also trying to decide wether or not to get resellers license. Probly wouldn't hurt to play it safe.

williesims
You are supposed to claim sales on your taxes you do not have to have a sales Tax ID to sale however if you reach a certain amount you do I believe it is $2400 a year but not sure.
by law however in the USA if you sell to someone in the same state you reside in then you are supposed to charge sales tax also if you purchase your items in the same state the seller is required to have a copy of your sales tax ID not to charge you Tax

rayloskii
I just joined the site and looked at some dropshippers sites. It says to register with them I need to provide my tax id #.
Is there companies that don't require this or a reseller liscence. I don't have a company i just want to buy sell the products on ebay and have a comapany dropship them. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for your help!

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.