dvds on ebay

raiderjake
i know that selling dvds on ebay is supposed to be hard profit from, but people do. i understand that they make a very little profit margin, but i dont see how they can make any profit at all. the cheapest i've found is $4 for decent dvds and after ebay fees theres no profit left, especially since the sell through rate can be pretty low so your gonna have a lot of relisting fees. how do they do it?

Site Admin
fudjj
That type of set-up would require a shop on ebay, just pack it to the eye balls and the monthly stock fee would be next to nothing.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
bevsey123
If its a $4 dvd, then I can 100% guarantee that they are selling below cost.

With items like video games, dvds etc its a totally different ball game.

Say if I buy 100 video games at $30 each, my total cost is $3000. Typical Video Game Mark up is 10% after eBay and Paypal. So I'm making $3 a game. I have to sell 91 games before I make my first $30, if I don't sell all 100 I lose.

So the $4 dvd, probably an old title. With DVD's you simply have to cash in while its newly released. Say I order 2000 units and mark them up again $3 each. I will sell 1950 units and make $5850, I then have 50 units left, they sit around for a few months and then hit the bargain bucket on eBay at $5 each. My cost price is $10, so I lose $5 on the last 50 copies and still make $5600 off that one title.

And that is how people do it...

raiderjake
thanx guys, the $4 dvd is the lowest price i've seen to buy them, not ebay prices. but they dont average much higher on ebay.
thanx guys

Site Admin
fudjj
I can score you some at around $1.00, maybe 1.50 a piece jake, but they are all mixed with no manifest, so who knows what the tiles are.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

raiderjake
thanx fudjj, but im just curious at the moment. im broke, i owe ebay $175 in fees that i couldn't pay, my bank is over drawn from not being able to cover the fees and i can't find a job, GOOD TIMES LOL!

Site Admin
fudjj
Hold tight mate, the wind as to change direction sooner or later ; )

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

raiderjake
thanx fudjj, im not worried to much. it may look bleak at times but things are turning around. i've been misdiagnosed for bi-polar for 10 years turns out its just a thyroid problem so everything should be just fine soon. and then i can go back to work. i just stumbled upon something intresting, i'll be sending u a pm soon thanx

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.