Ebay Auction Suspension Question

tscott
So I have been selling some name-brand shirts online for about a week, and after selling a few items, i go to list some more, and ebay tells me that i am not able to list this type of item. Why would this be? By simply changing the brand of clothing, it lets me, and many others have the same listings of the same brand auctions...please help me out to what i can do? thanks.

uofaguy0507
Can I ask what brand you are selling and if they are authentic. I have been in the same boat myself, let me know and then ill give you my 2 cents ;-)

UofAguy0507
Matt

tscott
yeah no prob. They're Lacoste, ordered from china, so they're replicas, but I have not claimed they're authentic anywhere in the auction, and was doing quite well selling them. I see hundreds of them on ebay, and im sure the majority are fake, but for some reason i cant list them.

Free Member
jimmy_huber
Sound to me ebay noticed you were selling replicas and locked your account out of that category.

Link hidden: Login to view by SaleHoo
uofaguy0507
Ditto to what Jimmy said. I was in the same boat myself, however I got my account suspended for a year, so considering you were selling 100's, consider yourself lucky. Its been my experience that competitors will turn you in to ebay to get you suspended so there will be less competition for them.

My advice is to find a new product. It may suck, esp if you were doing good, but what goes up must come down. If you try to sell them under another category, EBay will find out and terminate your account, and there wont be a damn thing you can do. It happened to me

Good Luck!!

UofAguy0507
~Matt

tscott
Yeah that must have been what happened. It was strange cause ebay didnt notify me or anything. How do they know that they're replicas...i ordered them off dhgate.com, and they look identical to the ones everyone else is selling. Would questioning ebay in the 'Account Activity Limits Question' category do anything to perhaps get this reversed, or to find out why they locked this category? Whats there to prevent any old person from saying im selling fakes? thanks for the help though.

jmoon87
Nothing on EBAY makes sense as far as suspensions or ebay ending your auction early ...I was selling a weight loss supplement along with 100's of others on ebay -i had bought a ton of before law changes .I listed them and ebay pulled my listing even though i said it did not contain the ingrediant they banned - i went back and listed anyway and sold them all i never had a problem ----- EBAYS BIGGEST POLICE is other EBAY MEMBERS not EBAY THEMSELFS .

tscott
hmm...so you just listed them anyways? For some reason ebay will not even let me do this. They didnt end any of the 10 (or so) auctions I had going, but they will not allow me to relist a new item. I guess I will try emailing them and find out why..thanks for the input!

uofaguy0507
Yeah, their customer service stinks, takes about 10 min to speak to someone 'Live' and I find that often they give yu a run around, you are better off emailing support staff. This is just my opinion, but I think their 'Live' help is a call center in India.

Anyways, let me know how everything works out and Good Luck!

Free Member
jimmy_huber
Yeah that must have been what happened. It was strange cause ebay didnt notify me or anything. How do they know that they're replicas...i ordered them off dhgate.com, and they look identical to the ones everyone else is selling. Would questioning ebay in the 'Account Activity Limits Question' category do anything to perhaps get this reversed, or to find out why they locked this category? Whats there to prevent any old person from saying im selling fakes? thanks for the help though.

The sad thing is they dont know or care. If any volume seller especially a seller in the category your trying to sell in says your items are fakes. Ebay will take thier word over yours. If they can prove your items are fake they would ban you. If they cant prove it then the simple thing would be to keep you from selling more. Problem solved, and the easy way out for ebay.

Link hidden: Login to view by SaleHoo
jmoon87
You can bet if you are selling anything cheaper than the big sellers -they are gonna try and get you banned or get your auction removed - look out if you get alot of questions..I got a great deal on a bulk lot of protein bars and was undercutting everybody and my auction kept getting pulled for some reason - i finally went to BUY IT NOW 24 HOUR AUCTIONS just to get rid of them as it was my only source to sell them and ended up breaking even .

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.