I thought this would be a good post for those currently using Paymate as their alternative and a little tip as to the pros and cons of using just Paymate.
Overall I think Paymate is a great! alternative and is a hassle free option if you dont want to worry about those common practices that paypal does with holds, suspensions. There are currently a few limitations below:
1) Need to refund a buyer? using Paymate?
Very frustrating process currently. You need to email or call Paymate to request a refund and per other Salehoo staff said there is a good amount of sellers that find this method to be a hassle and time delay to get your buyers moneyback.
2) US sellers have to wait at least 3 business days for a payment to clear and transfer to your Bank account.
3) You will get your share of buyers that just dont trust using this method and turn down the sale.
4) Paymate's email notifications are pretty plain and complicated to read and does not state the transaction description.
5) I had a customer that won an item and was wanting to make a payment but emailed me saying that Paymate does not have a currency conversion for his country and therefore could not make his payment. I then had to do a PayPal money request.( so be careful which countries your willing to ship to)
Overall though with all this said Paymate I think is a very good alternative and if you can find a way around these few issues then your still better off then PayPal.