Please Help!!! Ebay is stupid?

Free Member
ljohn17
Recently i found a product which i found would make a decent profit. I purchased a shipment of it and started selling on ebay. I made 1 sell and a couple listings that were about to finish. Then i recieved a notice saying that company had filed a complaint that i infringed trademark and copyright. The email that they told me to message back was a yahoo email. Is it really the company that complained? THis company is a big company and i highly doubt they would use a free email service such as Yahoo.

Free Member
jimmy_huber
Well the company cant do anything if your purchasing items wholesale for resale. Unless you are using thier pictures instead of your own. Which company is it and explain in more detail. We may be able to give you better advise.

Link hidden: Login to view by SaleHoo
Free Member
ljohn17
I Used a picture of my own that i shot when i posted the item. However it was hard to find this product that sold for such profits i dont really want to post the item in the forums. But i know it wasnt the company who reported me because the email was a yahoo email. Another question is, one of my listings were completed and payment was recieved before they took it down. Do i still ship the item out or will they payment be reversed?

Free Member
dtdistribution
Somepeople use them from home. They can check their work email on the weekend. Do the headers show what time or day it came on?
Your right though, it sounds a little fishy. Copyright infringements should be taken care of on letter head. If you contact those people be sure to copy in Ebay so they know what you did. This way they can see you are trying to correct the problem.
It could just be a ticked off competitor.

Free Member
ljohn17
I am almost certain it was a competitor whose one of the major sellers for that product. Is there any way i can fix this problem or should i just stop selling the product. It would be to much of a hassle if everytime i listed an item, waited for it to close only to have it taken down and made no money.

Free Member
dtdistribution
Ask the experts at Ebay. If you copy them in on the correspondence you would think you would be OK but, if you only make a little and the other guy makes a lot, who do you think they will side with. Be careful.

Free Member
grahamg
I had a similar experience, I purchased skyrunners, the jumping stilts wholeslae form a supplier in China, imported them to the UK, put them on Ebay and had my listing removed because alledgedly, the copyright owner had reported I was infringing his rights.

I then got an email from the person with the copyright who stated, I could sell them if I paid them

Free Member
jimmy_huber
First off if you purchased this item from a liquidator or an authorized wholesaler you have the right to resell the item on ebay or any other way. When you buy items of this nature you have resell rights without any needed permissions or proof.

One question. Is there another seller selling the same item. If this item is a niche item that has only 1 seller selling it. Then it may be they are trying to put you down before you get to big and take away thier sales.

I did this not too long ago with slendertone products. I was selling replacement pads I bought direct from the manufacturer of thepads.I was the only seller that offered them. I started because I sold extra pads I had laying around and found out they were a hit on ebay. I was selling them 1 by 1 selling 2 per day for around $57.00 per package. It only cost me $4.99 to aquire them. I think it was a salehoo member that knew my username that caught on to my niche. They flooded ebay with the items and dropped thier prices so low they werent even worth listing. I should have reported that member to ebay and had them shut down. Because I knew they werent buying them from the manufacturer. If I had done this I probably would still be selling that item.

Link hidden: Login to view by SaleHoo
Free Member
ljohn17
I appreciate all the insight on this issue. Im am still going to try to sell my product on ebay regradless, i dont feel i need to run from these bullies. If ebay decides to suspend my account for such a stupid reason i don't want to be there selling any ways.

Free Member
ljohn17
Another question. What do i do about the guy who paid for his headphones but the auction got cancelled. Do i still send the headphones or will the payment be withdrawn by ebay soon?

Free Member
ljohn17
Thanks alot i have just sent the winning bidder his item. Hopefully he won't reverse the sale with ebay and take back his money.

Free Member
grahamg
Like you say, eBays stupid and a law unto them selves. Its us guys who suffer...

Free Member
ivrsell
I HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEMS BEFORE AND THEY WONT REVERSE THE MONEY I RECOMMEND YOU TO SHIP THE ITEM SUPER FAST !

tristancross50
HI it is the first time i have used this so iam not sure how it works but i was selling some things on ebay and making good profits but the other day my account was suspended for infringing trademark and copyright. i had no warning of this and did not know it could happen i had been selling these products since the summer but my account was only suspended on tuesday i bought the items from a wholesaler what should i do ?? (p.s. i used all of my own pictures in the listings)

Free Member
grahamg
As I said before, eBay are a law unto themselves, if you dont do asd they say, they pull the trigger.

Is like dealing with the playground bully...and sometimes they get their ass wooped!

twistedtrinket
I put in a listing from a drop shipper, I copied and pasted the description of the product straight from the site. I was contacted by a companies lawfirm and told the term used in that description was a trademark, and please remove the item so that they would not take legal action.

I was not actually giving the item this name of course it was just a term of description. I did have to remove it and change the header of my listing.
Silly!

Free Member
grahamg
That the joy (or should it be pain) of using eBay!

Work around the description, just re word it!

Free Member
wagtrading
When writing a descrition use 5 (or 6) main techniques.

Create hope, cause a sense of urgency, create fear, appear unbiased, appear as an authority and if you want, encourage people not to buy your product until they've tried everyhwere else and failed.

Free Member
grahamg
wagtraging, your offering fab information, but why are you running on a free websites, it doesnt make your products look good.

You will increase your sales by simply moving to a cheap hosting company and some only charge $3 per year.

Free Member
ljohn17
wagtraging, your offering fab information, but why are you running on a free websites, it doesnt make your products look good.

You will increase your sales by simply moving to a cheap hosting company and some only charge $3 per year.

I don't really have to many products. However i would like to know would 5 or 6 different kinds of products be worthy enough of creating its own site? If so that might be something i would look into.

Free Member
eyecandy
Hi,
I have had the same problem with ebay suspending my account saying that the items I sold breeched copyright violations. There are a HUGE number of other sellers selling the exact same items still on ebay however for some reason I have been targeted (am thinking by a larger seller trying to push me out) and suspended from ebay.
I have sent them numerous emails trying to sort out this problem and am just receiving the same email which basically say's they aren't interested in looking into this suspension.
Apparently alot of other sellers are having the exact same problem with ebay suspensions.
I wouldn't recommend you relist the items unless you can prove that they are the real deal as a suspension is not an easy thing to have reviewed or lifted.
Maybe try another item and list the items you have on another site... is so frustrating I know!!
Maybe try Link hidden: Login to view or Link hidden: Login to view
Good Luck

wmga73
Hi

I just try to find alternative to ebay and as you advised ebid.

I registered with them yesterday then try to upgrade to seller+ after that try to re-login found that the account get hold :D .

So really a good start, leaving suspension with ebay and going to hold with ebid.

I think it becomes a new 2008 fashion holding and suspend the sellers accounts.

Thanks

Free Member
grahamg
Hi

I just try to find alternative to ebay and as you advised ebid.

I registered with them yesterday then try to upgrade to seller+ after that try to re-login found that the account get hold :D .

So really a good start, leaving suspension with ebay and going to hold with ebid.

I think it becomes a new 2008 fashion holding and suspend the sellers accounts.

Thanks

Can I suggest, you open a different account with ebay, list an ebook on where people can buy cheap fashion products (obviosuly dont put your suppliers in there!) , classified section of Information Products this way you will not pay Final Value Fees with ebay!

Get them to opt in for the ebook or charge them, then redirect them to your website to buy from you?

I don't know if thats a work around for you :D :twisted: 8)

naronson
CHECK TO SEE IF THE MESSAGE CAME FROM EBAY!!!!!!! If there is no duplicate email in your messages file on ebay, DO NOT CLICK ON ANYTHING IN THAT EMAIL. This is a scammer trying to get your personal info. Report it to Link hidden: Login to view

I get dubious emails all the time, usually trying to say I never sent their laptop. Again, if no duplicate message in ebay, total scam!

Free Member
grahamg
Me too...I must get 2/3 from ebay and 5 from Paypal, surely by now they'd get the picture!

It's real funny, cause a few weeks ago, I told ebay to shove my account! But I still get these emails.

I have an email address I used 4 years ago on ebay and I still get emails claiming my PaYPAL account is lIMITED, CLICK HERE TO SOLVE now!

Free Member
designerthriftshop
Good question. How do you deal with a suspended account?

Free Member
grahamg
You can appeal to ebays custoemr service - good luck!

I opened another acocunt!

Free Member
designerthriftshop
Yes but don't they cross check address, phone #'s, credit cards or PayPal accounts?

Free Member
grahamg
There are work arounds for everything! :wink:

Free Member
designerthriftshop
What are the work arounds?

wmga73
As a seller suffering from the new fees, be honest with buyers by doing the following:

1-Gather all your buyers emails.
2-Send your buyers the article

Link hidden: Login to view

3-invite,direct or offer your buyers to the ebay alternatives start by your self building new business in
the new auction sites allowing you to transfer your feedback from ebay like:

4-This is the real boycott and strike for ebay and send the very hard message to consider that there is always an alternatives.

Free Member
grahamg
The only real winner will be ebay, do you really think they care about their sellers?

If they cared where their revenue came from, they would look after sellers rather than penalise them.

The ONLY way to make eBay sit up and take note would be for a month long boycott from 90% of sellers. This would hit them hard, were it hurts - in the pocket! :twisted:

Free Member
dtdistribution
I haven't sold on Ebay for quite a while. The fees are too high. The last product I tried to sell would have had over half of its profits eaten up by Ebay and PayPal fees. (That's if I wanted to price it competitively so it would sell)

These folks are just charging way too much and doing way too little for it.

A few months ago one of my friends had his account suspended by Ebay for attempting to sell an airsoft gun. This is after he had contacted them to see why it was taking so long for the item show in the search results. The young woman he spoke to said airsoft was fine to sell and to be patient because sometimes it takes a little time to get the listing up. He says fine and then they suspended him for selling airsoft guns.

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.