Selling Brandname Products on E-Commerce Websites

webcosmo
Lot of wholesellers are selling brandname products. Is it legal to sell them on e-commerce websites?

Site Admin
fudjj
You won't of course get your listings removed on your own platform, but dealing in fakes is illegal, you are stealing money from the brand owner and will be leaving yourself open to legal recourse.

As you say, plenty do it, but they are living on borrowed time. I would not personally enjoy the heart attack every time there was a knock on my front door wondering if this was the day it all fell around my ankles.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
webcosmo
Guess it doesn't worth much the trouble then. I don't wanna loose my sleep over this.

So question is if I can't sell brandname products what would be my best option?

Site Admin
fudjj
You can sell brand name products, you just can't sell fake brand name products.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

webcosmo
You can sell brand name products, you just can't sell fake brand name products.

Are you sure if I sell brand name of products on my e-commerce website, companies would not come after me?

Site Admin
fudjj
Not at all, the only reason a company will come after you is if you source their product through an unauthorised distributor.

For example, if you have a friend passing you Louis Vitton bags out the back door at their distribution centre, then you are not an authorised seller and they won't be happy.

Of course not all brands are tightly controlled through such authorised networks, that is mostly designer type branded products, it was just an example.

Depending on what you are selling, you will most likely be able to buy in from a wholesaler or even factory direct depending on your line of credit.

So long as you are buying form an authorised source, and not selling fakes, which you wouldn't be anyway if you are buying from a legit source, then there are no issues at all!

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

webcosmo
Thanks Fudji, appreciate all the help.

Site Admin
fudjj
Anytime, glad to be useful : )

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

aznvcboi
best option is to find reliable dropship company so that you don't have to stock any products. It's hard to find good dropshipper that would profit though :(

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.