Selling online - Tax advice needed

aprilfcm
Hey Everybody!
I am extremely new here, first of all, and I intend to start out selling items online using the dropshipping method. I have read several of the entries about all the methods of selling and I feel that this method best for me.
My question is about sales taxes. I have been advised by some sites that I need to set up sales taxes for every zone I intend to ship to. Is this correct? I live in Alabama and I plan to start by only shipping within the Continental U.S. only. Then later, once I get more aquainted I will expand into other areas. If anyone can help me out here I would really appreciate it. I want to get as much right as possible to start with so that I will have fewer problems, especially costly ones, in the future.
And I have to say that I have been so very pleased with the customer support from the Salehoo staff. They have answered my emails so much more quickly than I ever could have expected. I am really glad that I chose to sign up with Salehoo!
Thanks again!
April

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hi April,

Welcome to SaleHoo! Have you tried reading the posts in the education section of SaleHoo? If not yet, please visit this link:

Link hidden: Login to view

It should have pretty much all the information you need to start you business.

Good luck! And We wish you all the success! :)

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
aprilfcm
Thanks! No, I haven't saw that one yet. Still exploring. I will read that next. Thanks for your help.

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.