Selling tvs in the UK - license?

Free Member
25 Aug 07 10:25:16 pm
Hi there, my first post and not sure if this is a stupid question, but I was looking on the website and they mention on there that you need a license to sell tvs. It also says on the tv license website that you need to notify them of all sales.
Has anyone else come across this and would it be necessary for a sole trader?

Free Member
31 Aug 07 11:33:51 pm
i dont have an answer but intresting question i wasnt even aware of laws like this if you do need a lcense could you send me a pm of the outcome and how to go about it or vice versa if i find out first

3 Sep 07 04:49:51 am
Hi - yes it's true you do need a license to sell TVs in the UK.
Link hidden: Login to view
After reading the info I'm fairly certain that this applies to all sellers even sole traders. When you register (Link hidden: Login to view), just put your name as the company name.

Hope that helps :)

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at