Starting A Online Store From Canada

wball
Hi all, I am new to the online retail area and I have a few questions that I hope anyone can assist me with.

I am currently researching a subniche of the consumer electronics niche and its beginning to look good. Still researching it.

1. I am from the province of Manitoba, Canada and noticed that most drop shippers listed here require a reseller ID or tax ID. How do I go about getting this or whats the exact process to get this information here in Canada?

2. I also noticed that many only dropship to US residents only, do many of these accept a Canadian selling their products to US residents through an online store?

3. Will many of these dropship companies accept a Canadian resident to sell their products? I noticed that many only accept US residents and this severly hinders my plans. I have found one dropshipper here in Canada but they do not offer everything I need for my webstore. Do you know of other dropshippers that will accept Canadian residents?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Welcome to SaleHoo, wball :)

I'll try my best to address your concerns, please refer to my answers below -

1. I am from the province of Manitoba, Canada and noticed that most drop shippers listed here require a reseller ID or tax ID. How do I go about getting this or whats the exact process to get this information here in Canada?

Sorry I don't have the step-by-step process to registering for a tax ID in y our location, but I think this page might help you towards the right direction.

2. I also noticed that many only dropship to US residents only, do many of these accept a Canadian selling their products to US residents through an online store?

Ideally, dropshippers may agree to have you dropship their items since you will essentially be selling them within the US athough you are based in Canada. The best person to address this would be the dropshipper themselves so I recommend contacting them directly.

3. Will many of these dropship companies accept a Canadian resident to sell their products? I noticed that many only accept US residents and this severly hinders my plans. I have found one dropshipper here in Canada but they do not offer everything I need for my webstore. Do you know of other dropshippers that will accept Canadian residents?

It is a bit of a challenge to answer your question, you best bet would be the dropshipper themselves. Try inquiring directly with the dropshipper if they will allow you to dropship their products.

What type of products are you looking to dropship? Please provide us specific details so we can locate suitable dropshippers for you.

Talk t o you soon!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.