Will this be your first time selling? If it is, why not try selling a few of your old things just to get a chance to get your feet wet and see which products may be promising. Since you are planning on selling on eBay, selling old things or second stuff is a good way to build feedback. Customers/buyers often prefer sellers with a good feedback to back their reputation.
Plus this may also help you earn/save money to be able to afford more wholesale products.
Here are some products we have found to have good profit margins:
- Skin care (e.g. anti-ageing & acne treatment)
- Vacation-related items (swimsuits, crocs, sunblock)
- Homewares (towels, sheets)
- Accessories for electronics
- Crafts & hobby items
- Sporting goods
- Computers & computer parts
- Auto & motorbike
- Unique items/collectibles
You can also try the following to find out which products sell really well on eBay -
1) Check out the popular searches and most popular products on eBay:
Popular searches: Link hidden: Login to view
Best selling products: Link hidden: Login to view
eBay pulse: Link hidden: Login to view
2) Perform completed listings searches for products or brand names to see the conversion rate and average selling price.
I think you might find this thread helpful - Link hidden: Login to view
Hope this helps you to a good start! All the best :)
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out