I haven't personally used Lightake.com, but I checked on whoisdomain and found that their site has just recently been created, May of this year 2010.
It is advisable to deal with suppliers who have been online at least a year, who owns the domain, and where the domain was registered (the country should match the contact details on the supplier's website). We recommend using Link hidden: Login to view
(replace salehoo.com with the url of the supplier).
Here are some other simple things you can do to protect yourself when dealing with any supplier (especially those found outside of SaleHoo).
- Search the SaleHoo forum for the supplier's website/company name and see what other members have to say.
- Call the supplier's telephone numbers to ensure they are genuine.
- Purchase a sample before bulk ordering to ensure that the item meets your expectations.
- Watch out for sellers asking you to 'safeguard' your purchase by sending your money transfer in the name of a friend or loved one, or by establishing a 'test question'. These actions will not protect you from a fraudulent seller.
- Low prices do not necessarily mean fraud, but radically low prices should warrant a closer look. If a price seems to good to be true, it probably is. Ask the seller as many questions about the item's authenticity as you can before you go any further.
- Always use a credit card or PayPal to purchase goods. These forms of payment are safe because they give you a comeback if something goes wrong. With these payment methods, you can usually have the transaction reversed fairly easily if necessary.
Hope this helps. Btw, very cute profile pic! =)