I have a questions regarding like ipods

lostzyth
If I wanted to sell the MP4 players that are identical to Apple Ipods outer image ( By outer Image I mean the Ipods case ), is that considered an infringement? I mean can I sell these to a store? They dont have any type of apple logo. What do you guys think? Remember that these machines only look alike. They dont use the same operating system as the real ipods do. So these machines are completely different.

Free Member
filho_domicio
There are Apple copies and then there are mp4 players which are designed in the same fashion as the Apple nanos. The Apple copies have an Apple iPod box and an Apple logo on the back of the unit. These are illegal and will be taken at customs if noticed. Also, no store will resell them. You may be able to sell mp4 players though.

tab10us
stay away from the ipod replicas

lostzyth
thanks guys I dont want to sell replicas!! I wanna sell the mp4 players. Are you guys certain that its ok to sell the ones that are designed like the ipods, but arent the ipods?

tab10us
no.. if it looks anything like the ipod does and customs looks at it.. it will be seized

lostzyth
Why would they do that? I mean it doesnt have an apple logo!! I mean if it was for look alikes, a lot of things wouldnt pass customs

dowdy
no.. if it looks anything like the ipod does and customs looks at it.. it will be seized

I doubt they'll do that. Only if they are trying to pass it off as a nano

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.