How to use the research lab?

Free Member
jamespair3434
I can't seem to find information on exactly how to use the research lab. I know how to enter your item to sell but how do you determine if it's right to sell. How do you read the statistics Is there more education on this subject...thanks

zumas36
I have the same problem

snlwhite
Agree. Nice to know it wasn't just me :)

Site Admin
rachel_ramos
Hello everyone,

The Market Research Lab allows you to discover the markets that are profitable or demanded by the shoppers as of current.

The Market Research Lab will provide you crucial information which will help you decide if your product is sell-able and if there is steady demand for it. Usually we bet on making sure that the success rate at 50% or more.

You can view some of our reviews for Monday Market of the Week.
Here are some of the definition of terms you may want to remember:

Profit potential - How successful will this product be?
Competition rating - Will making sales be easy?
Product performance - How much money could you make?
Recommendations for your listing - Tips on the best time or day of the week to end your listing and even let's you know which listing format is best for your product!
Successful keywords and categories to craft your listing
Spy on competitors - View a list of eBay listings for the same product that are ending soon
Trusted suppliers selling this product - Direct links to SaleHoo's verified suppliers

Hope this helps!

zumas36
Hi!

i haved used the lab, and sometimes i find items i want to sell in the topp list. some of them has a good raiting in the lab, but no suppliers?

I have found a good supplier, I haved tryed them out with help from the lab. Some of the items i find in the lab, but i cant find suppliers to compear the price with.

what shall i do to compear the suppliers.and prices.

Site Admin
fudjj
The results from the lab are generated by eBay itself, and as we only list suppliers that pass our verification process, we don't always have a supplier available to match the results. In this event, members can email Link hidden: Login to view with either the product information and ask if we can verify suppliers or ask for us to verify specific suppliers you have found that stock the products that you want to sell.

We will of course do our very best to verify for you.

Cheers

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
starrychloe
Why can't you just have it list the products with the highest margin and lowest competition?

Site Admin
fudjj
The data provided comes from eBay itself, we have no control how it's provided to us, we can only display it for members to use as a research tool.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Free Member
raybal5
Hello staff. How can we tell the Research Lab which eBay market you are interested in? Or is it locked to display only for the USA ebay.com?

Some people may want eBay.co.uk or eBay.com.au. I have hunted and not found how this can be set.

Also, on the results page it states the best time for listings to end BUT there is no information about which time zone the result is referring to.

depalofisher
Unless I'm mistaken the only research done is on eBay. That's not a market I use for selling. I'm not sure how relevant it is for me.

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi Brian,

Yes, the results are eBay driven, however as eBay is one of the most dominant marketplaces, the results should be able to be extrapolated across other markets quite effectively.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Site Admin
fudjj
raybal5 wrote:Hello staff. How can we tell the Research Lab which eBay market you are interested in? Or is it locked to display only for the USA ebay.com?

Some people may want eBay.co.uk or eBay.com.au. I have hunted and not found how this can be set.

Also, on the results page it states the best time for listings to end BUT there is no information about which time zone the result is referring to.

Hi Ray,

The results are driven by eBay USA only, these are the only results open to us at this point in time.

Cheers

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Free Member
islandlinners
Hi
am really new to this online e -commerce thing ,the potential is undeniable .Information and research is the key . Came across an excellent web site Link hidden: Login to view
very helpful for researching whats hot on ebay you can set it to the different regions and reserch what is selling/ being watched etc. It is quiet interesting what is happening . Taking in the differences between hemispheres , cultures, seasons etc. No market for bikinis in America at the moment different story in Aussie lol. By researching on watch count then using the research lab bingo . The more information you can obtain the better informed you are ,better desicions better outcomes. epic.
Hope this is helpful .

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.