Welcome to SaleHoo! Just want to share with you that electronics is actually one of the most competitive markets online, especially if you are into brand name products. The electronics industry has always run on very low margins from wholesalers to end users and marketplaces such as eBay have only tightened the margins even further. You will notice that most electronics sell at the wholesale price or below wholesale on eBay, that's how intense the competition is!
If you do wish to stick with the electronics industry, then here is what we suggest:
* Use liquidation suppliers to get bulk lots at prices well below wholesale.
* OR: Purchase from wholesalers in very large quantities (and when we say very large, we mean a spend of $200,000 or more) - this is how the big eBay powersellers do it.
* Increase your feedback and get powerseller status BEFORE entering the electronics market. This will give you more visibility in the search.
* Sell via your own website or your eBay store if possible, as buyers generally pay more from these venues than eBay.
* Add third-party extras and up-sells to your orders. These will help you bump up your margins to a much more acceptable level.
* Better still - consider selling accessories for electronics rather than electronics themselves. Accessories are very popular, have less competition, cost less to ship and have much greater margins.
If you need a list of China based suppliers for non branded electronics, weâ€™ll help make one for you, just let us know. :)
Have a great day!