Sales Tax ID Needed for Wholesalers and Large Dropshippers

cl8star
Hi I live in New Zealand and hope to trade internationally. I've just discover this dropshipping craze and I find it really exicting. I've visited some wholesalers that I'm interested in but I hit a wall when I get to the question "What is my tax id?" and "do I have a resellers license?" this is frustrating as I really want to advocate their products. I'm pretty new to this game so it's all a bit foreign. The wholesaler is based in the sates. Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi Clayton and welcome to the forum

If a supplier requires a tax id to open an account, then a local NZ tax id should do just fine. All you have to do is tell them you're from NZ and that will be fine. Suppliers require a tax id for their own tax obligations.

Now all wholesalers will require and the larger dropshippers will also require, but some smaller dropship suppliers may not, so if you don't have a tax id and don't want to get one, then I would suggest digging through and trying to find a dropshipper that doesn't have the tax id requirement.

Cheers

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
cl8star
Thanks Marc, very helpful.

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.