Selling at Trade Shows

gatstore
I am wondering if any of my fellow Salehoo members have had a booth and sold at a Trade Show? The reason that I ask is that I import some gift items and want to sell wholesale and was considering having a booth at the California Gift Show in July. Looking for others who may have already sold at this particular show or any others that are similar. I would also love to hear from those who have bought at this show.

Thanks in advance.

GATStore

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hi GATStore,

I haven't encountered any previous post on our forum about selling on tradeshows but I think a few have mentioned about buying at trade shows.

I don't have any personal experience in this area to share, but I researched a few blogs/posts that might be of help in your plans -

Link hidden: Login to view

All the best!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
gatstore
Thanks Richelle! Will try to update the group after the show.

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Glad to have been of help (even just a bit) :)

Looking forward to your update on the show! Enjoy :)

Cheers

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
fm1234
CGS is a pretty big deal in hospitality and niche gift shops (zoos, museums, that kind of thing.) Be sure you're offering the right product -- the broader LA Mart shows may be a better bet for general gifts.

Frank

"Failure is not when you fall down. Failure is when you don't get back up."

--J.J. Luna
fm1234
Just to be clear, I do not have experience selling at trade shows, but I do attend as many as a dozen a year, mostly in and around Atlanta and the rest of the southeastern US.

--J.J. Luna
gatstore
Hi Frank!

Thanks for the info. Do you mind taking a look at my items (on our retail website) and letting me know what your thoughts are if it will fit or not. Link hidden: Login to view .

Thanks,

Emil

fm1234
That's very nice stuff ... unfortunately I just don't have the experience specifically with LA Mart to know. I'd suggest a recon trip to the next available show, as a prospective buyer, to scout out what kind of stuff is there already.

Frank

--J.J. Luna
gatstore
Hi Frank!

Thanks for the response. Our items don't fit the criteria that they have for the L.A. Mart. It does fit the CGS, which I visited at the end of Jan 2012. There was a lot of gift items at the show, and I think that our items will be okay. As it is our first trade show, I am not sure what sort of sales we will have. They do say that one has to do about two or three shows in a row to get established. We will see in July. :-)

Thanks,

Emil

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.