eBay vs Amazon (Smartphone Retailer)

mark.dunne
Hey everyone!

This is my first post to SaleHoo. So apologies if the topic has been covered.

Early this year i was made redundant after 10 years in the telecommunications industry, with a family to support and a dream to be built i stumbled upon SaleHoo. I would be interested to hear what the SaleHoo community thinks about this.

eBay vs Amazon (For a Smartphone Retailer) Pro's, Con's, Personal Experience. All feedback is welcome.

MD

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi Mark, welcome to the forum,

I don't have any personal experience in this field for either one that would allow me to add any sort of valuable feedback, but the obvious question I would ask is, why limit your market by choosing one over the other and not sell through both accounts?

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
mark.dunne
Hi Mark,

Well you make a good point.

I would like to soft launch on one platform, iron out the kinks and then transition from there.

However i am unsure of which to initiate from. I would be interested to see conversion rates for the the specific segment on each.

Thank you for the reply also!

Last edited by mark.dunne on 14 Mar 15 03:42:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Site Admin
fudjj
I doubt you would see much difference between the two platforms Mark, 6 of one and half dozen of the other. I'm sure some will have their preference, but I can't see a big difference between the two platforms.

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.