Shopping Cart Software - Which one do you recommend?

christianlebe
Hello,

I'm about to start an online shop with main target of Australia's market. I am considering to use these three online shop platforms:
1. Bigcommerce
2. Volusion
3. Shopmania
4. Magento - owned hosting

Does anyone have any experience with any of the above?

Thanks.

fm1234
The basic service levels for MagentoGo, Volusion and BigCommerce all offer so little that it's hard to think of it as a good idea. Go with a free solution and learn as you go. Magento has a free option that is a two-click install with any hosting that has cPanel and Softaculous; ZenCart is good if you need a full-featured cart, and there are many more simple ones that "ride" on top of WordPress and other CMS. $15-25 a month doesn't sound like much money, but you're just not getting much for that no matter which company you use; you'd come out better using a free solution and investing $20 in having someone else handle the thankless task of uploading and maintaining inventory.

Frank

"Failure is not when you fall down. Failure is when you don't get back up."

--J.J. Luna
Site Admin
fudjj
Zen is the one I have had most experience with and found it to be completely fantastic. Very flexible, a stack of add ons available and always easy to have custom application adapted to it if required, however the basic free cart does a great job!

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
I don't really have enough experience with the shopping cart software's you listed to recommend any of them, but you might want to check out our very own Link hidden: Login to view as an option :)

Cheers!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
12jeff41
I have set up a site using Shopperpress. It has a great shopping cart with most of what I want including built in autoresponder and listbuilder.
The deal breaker though is that you cannot list several sizes and prices of the one product.
I am looking for a shopping cart which will allow different sizes and prices.
This ability does not seem to be listed on the features of any software I have looked at so far and to me it would seem to be a major selling point

Does anyone know of software with this facility

Site Admin
richelle_salehoo
Hello and welcome to SaleHoo, 12jeff41 :)

What a coincidence! I know our very own SaleHoo Stores will allow you to add variations to your product listings. You can add - size/color/quantity variations to your listings :)

If you want give it a try, check out Link hidden: Login to view

Cheers!

Richelle

Customer Support Manager
SaleHoo Group Limited
Sell more with your own professionally designed and search optimized e-commerce website. Check out Link hidden: Login to view now!
simo2601
I can vouch for BigCommerce. They are getting a lot of funding in Silicone Valley and it's good to know there is a huge team constantly working on improving the service.

My sites with them are extremely well search optimized straight out of the box and i have reached page 1 on google within a few months.

I recommend you do the free trials for a few different services. Most of all, don't choose one that takes a percentage of sales, after all that's why you are leaving ebay

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.