Paypal withholding fees from Ebay sales

accreditedsolutionsinc
Hello All,
I am new to selling on Ebay. Read the 'Starting an Ebay Business for Dummies' to get a full command of Ebay. Then starting selling items from around my household (i.e.DVD's, books, clothing, etc.). I have sold 20 items since my first sale on Sept. 30th, 2013. My funds are stay on hold from Paypal usually about 7-9 days (not the full 21 days). I ship fast and have been selling about 5-6 weeks. How long does it take for Paypal/Ebay to lift the hold on funds? 90 days? Is there a minimum about to be sold w/good feedback until its lifted or does it depend on more factors?(i.e. types of items sold, cost of items).
Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. I heard it takes you to sell 25 items. I wanted to start drop shipping and need to receive funds immediately. In the meantime, I am researching niches and products to list and get rolling with listing an inventory.

Thanks.

Site Admin
fudjj
Hi Andrew,

I think you might find this interesting.

Link hidden: Login to view

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

accreditedsolutionsinc
Thanks Marc. Much appreciated. I am hoping I can plug away and keep selling, and maybe after 90 days or so I can have all holds lifted. I do use the paypal shipping label option which uploads the tracking by default. I don't mind waiting, as the policy makes sense to protect buyers. My concern was 'how long'? I think patience is key here and educate myself on all elements of my business and within 6 months I will be where I need to be.

accreditedsolutionsinc
Found a link in PayPal stating that the thresholds for taking off the funds being held are:

"You have a limited selling history on eBay, which means that any of the following are true:

It’s been 90 days or less since your first successful sale on eBay, or
You’ve made 25 or fewer sales transactions on eBay, or
You’ve sold $250 or less on eBay "

Site Admin
fudjj
Hang in there Andrew. It's a real pain for new sellers to have to go through, but it gets better on the other side : )

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

accreditedsolutionsinc
Thanks Marc. I appreciate the support.

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.