How does Dhgate.com work??

Free Member
shalloangel03

I have a Question. I was looking at this website here:

Link hidden: Login to view

How does that site work?? Like, Do they Dropship to your Customers and you get half the profit out of the product? And can you list the product first. And also, When you collect the payment What do you do next?

Also, When you list a Product on Ebay. I hate using that Reserve Price When I list a product on ebay from the Wholesales sites. Is there any sites that say a Product was $50.00 and you ONLY made $30.00 on it. Aen't there any Wholesale/Dropshipping sites like that where you just collect the money what you made on it? Because I dont like using the Reserve price thing.

If anyone can help me out with that and also the site, Id really appciate it-Id like to start selling alot more then just 5 items at a time.

Thanks!

Free Member
gwheeler
This may not be the only way to do it, but I use DHgate by ordering multiple items at one time and having them shipped to me. Then, I sell each item individually and ship them out on my own. You can get the items for much less than if you order one at a time.

centercorp
I have an order myself in the works with dhgate. I found something there I just couldnt pass up. However to answer your question Dhgate is pretty much like an ebay, without the bidding. A price is set for the product and usually is lower for purchases over a certain amount in numbers. Since most (if not all) of this stuff comes from China, the way to make a profit is to have it shipped to you in bulk. If you buy only one unit, shipping will eat up your profit margins. I'm pretty sure DHgate does not dropship to your clients. Just like Ebay doesnt dropship to your clients, because they dont own the product, DHgate is the same way. Hope this helps!

-Benjamin

Free Member
johnnyfever
I just looked at this site today and they seem to have pretty good prices. Have any of you actually used them? Are they legit in the way of the products are actually new and not refurbished? Anyone had any problem with them??
Thanks
John

Free Member
gwheeler
It all depends on what seller you use. It's like ebay. DHgate doesn't sell the products, they hook you up with the sellers. I am in the process of my first order. I already have a tracking number so everything is going good so far.

thomasjm99
I have used DHGate and am pleased so far. The only thing I have noticed that I do not like too much is there shipping. The box that your stuff comes in is usually pretty beaten up, but the product inside has always been fine.

There are a couple sellers on there selling authentic designer goods that you can make a profit on. If you are not sure, just ask the seller. Most of them have been pretty upfront in saying they sell 'high quality imitation' products. but there are a few who are selling authentic merchandise. You can tell by the much higher price, and I know because I have made purchases.

tomaingeroy
Hey,
Just noticed that a few people have said that shipping really eats at your profits. What are the standard shipping charges? I understand that it differs depending on what you buy. I was thinking of importing iPod chargers. What do you think it would cost to import, say 10, to New Zealand?

Cheers,
Tom
New Zealand

wwckyd
Alright guys, I got a pretty important question. I am thinking about buying ipod minis from someone off dhgate, the problem is she has 0 feedback. BUT she offers escrow? If I use escrow, that means I can't get ripped off, correct? If I dont get the items or I get the wrong items, I get my money back correct?

tab10us
correct for the most part. i have made 2 purchases using escrow off of dhgate. i have had no problems and everything turned out perfect.

wwckyd
Have you ever tried getting ripped off by the seller, but escrow saved you? Im just wondering if it really works. Thanks alot for replying

tomaingeroy
Hey,
Just thought I'd let you know, I had my first successful order come in from DHgate, and everything seemed pretty good.

Although the only slightly funny thing was that teh product I bought was advertised 'with boxs', and the box's were indeed included, but they were not assembled, and I had to assemble them myself.

From now on I will ask more questions before purchasing.

Don't get me wrong, I am still very pleased with the products, just making sure someone else doesn't get a nasty surprise.

Cheers,
Tom

tab10us
good to know. if the seller uses escrow you have nothing to worry about. when paying with escrow.. the money goes right to dhgate. once you receive the items you approve your shipment and dhgate will send the money to the seller. the good thing about dhgate's escrow service is that if your shipment gets seized by customs you get all of your money back!

jennifer77
good to know. if the seller uses escrow you have nothing to worry about. when paying with escrow.. the money goes right to dhgate. once you receive the items you approve your shipment and dhgate will send the money to the seller. the good thing about dhgate's escrow service is that if your shipment gets seized by customs you get all of your money back!

i didnt know this. Thanks for the info :D

loonytoon
I ordered 1 mp3 and mp4 from James at dhgate.com. Package was a little beaten up, but the items were perfect. Both were new and in their original boxes with English manuals. :D

Took about a week to get here (Alaska). Shipping wasn't too bad 8)

I just ordered 10 mp4's from ChinaVasion...hope that goes well too :)

mchu519
I'm having problem registering Dhgate. It keeps on giving me problems like 'login repeat' and 'verify failed'. Can anyone help me get pass this problem?

mchu519
Turns out I signed up a long time ago. That is why the problem was there.

Has anyone order coach wallets from dhgate? It doesn't seem like authentic because it so inexpensive. I found a Coach Soho Wallet that is worth $100 each and at dhgate it is $28. I'm thinking these are fake what do you guys think?

tab10us
it's without a doubt fake

mchu519
I just started selling stuff on ebay and I was wondering, what kind of stuff to buy from dhgate to start off. I was thinking of the ipod nano, but i'm afraid of not selling for the right price because of not seller's feedback yet.

mchu519
I just started and I don't have a company name. What do I put down in that part when I want to order from dhgate.com

tomaingeroy
mchu519,
If you do not have a company name, just put down your own name. Or even make one up.
It really isn't that important, it is only done for people who want to show thier company name on products that come into the country, and for reference.

Cheers,
Tom

tab10us
stay away from ipods on dhgate as 99% are replicas and if customs sees them.. they'll take em.

medhir
I was thinking of selling just 1 ipod video on ebay, and then ship it to the person who buys it. Does anyone know what airmail services they provide i also need to know whether these ipods are legit or not. This is the link to the ipods which i am looking at. Link hidden: Login to view[/b]
Thanks! :D :?:

tomaingeroy
Medhir,
I tried clicking your link, but it came up as an error report?

One of the best things for you to do, is to ask the seller if they are genuine or not.
I have done this before, and the seller has told me that they are 'genuine replica's.'

If they lie, then when you recieve your product, and discover it is in fact a fake, you dispute on DHgate, and they seller gets a negative feedback, or banned from DHgate.
On top of this, you get your money back (minus shipping I think) from Dhgate, which has it in a holding account.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tom

gohogsar
Medhir,

Here is the corrected link:

Link hidden: Login to view

gohogsar
After looking at the link, I believe that 'serial number not the same on box and inside' is a giveaway that something is not legit.

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.