Can I use a US based supplier to dropship for me in the US?

saturnent
Hello,
I live in Canada and I found a drop shipper I would like to use but they are based in the USA and they don't ship all of their products internationally. Is it legal for me to run my website from Canada but only sell in the USA?

Thanks!

Site Admin
fudjj
By run your website, I assume you mean host it in Canada, but only offer shipping throughout the USA?

The answer is yes, in fact you can host your website in whatever country you like, including the US, and designate where you will ship to. If you are only wanting to ship in the US, I would suggest that having a US domain would save some confusion rather than having a Canadian domain and not shipping to Canada....would be messy!

If it's your own site, you make your own rules : )

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

Link hidden: Login to view
alligdigital
I've often wondered if you can also do this with Ebay. Say if you live outside of the US , run a store using US based dropshippers. I can't see why not. I get the feeling though that Ebay is not as popular in the US as it once was.

Free Member
haydee
Yes, you can do this on eBay, too.

Cheers,

Site Admin
fudjj
Yep, as Haydee has provided the link there for confirmation. Now if you choose to list via the international site you will show as an Australian member, but you should be able to set the item location on the listing page to reflect the actual items location, not that of yourself.

So if you were selling on ebay US, and listing on ebay US, you would show as an Australian member, but the item location would show as in the US : )

Mark (fudjj)

Community Manager
SaleHoo.com

saturnent
Thanks for the replies! It was very helpful

Wait! Want Some FREE Supplier Details?

Discover four of the most profitable niches on eBay and get details for the best suppliers for these niches. Enter your details below and we will send them instantly.

Thanks! Please check your email inbox.

Your list of profitable markets and supplier details are on their way to your email inbox.
Be sure to add support@salehoo.com to your safelist to ensure we can deliver the free suppliers details to you.

If you haven't received an email from us in 5 minutes, please check your spam folder or email us at support@salehoo.com.